Sunday, October 19, 2008

Recovery ride

Today I went on a recovery ride with Eddie. I really enjoy riding with Eddie cause he's been racing for quite some time & I learn something new each time I ride with him. We rode for a bit over 2 hours today, using the Perry Parkway on the ride. I really like riding that road. It's nothing but rollers, but it gives me a good workout. We talked about what our plans were for the coming winter rides. I told Eddie that I was going to try to make every Peach Peloton ride that I can this winter. I really enjoyed doing them last winter. It's a great training ride they have set up over there. I did suffer on quite a few of the rides, but it did help me get stronger. One thing I really have to learn is to take it easy on some of my rides. Eddie even told me that I need to do the same thing. He said that by reading my blog here that I have a very bad habit of riding the same way on every ride. I totally agree with him. I have to force myself, no matter how good my legs feel, that if I'm on a recovery day, to take it easy on the bike. He also gave me a hint to help me lose some weight, which I'm going to give a try. All in all it was a very nice ride with one great rider. Stay tuned for more......

No comments: