Monday, October 16, 2006

Nice weather for riding

This past week has been great for riding. I rode home from work all last week & really enjoyed it. On Friday I was up in Marietta to help my dad with a project. I took the bike up there with me to ride the Silver Comet Trail at least one day if not both. The weather up there was a bit cooler than at home, so I made sure I took some cold weather gear. When I decided to finally ride, it was a bit on the cool side, but arm warmers worked fine for me. I rode out for 20 miles then turned around & headed back to my starting point. I forgot that the trip out is mostly on a slight incline, but nothing really bad. The trip back was more fun, I was able to get some good speed going & keep it up for a bit. I was able to up my average speed by a half a mile per hour due to the return trip. All in all it was a great week of riding. I was busy all day with my dad Saturday, so no riding. This week, we'll just have to see. I had a good ride home from work today, but tomorrow is not looking that great. The forcast is calling for a 90% chance of rain, so looks like trainer time, but I'll survive somehow........

No comments: