Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Ride from Hell!!!!!!!

Yesterday was the proverbial ride from hell. On the way to work, I managed to flat the rear tire. I saw a rock in the road, but the rear wheel managed to hit it & caused a pinch flat. Where it happened was totally dark & it wasn't that far from work, so I limped into work with the flat. On the way home, the front derailleur became loose & started falling down. It kept hitting the big chain ring & sounded awful. I managed to fix it, but then there started a sound from the rear wheel. I don't know exactly what it was, but had to limp home, hoping it didn't lock up & cause a crash. I hope to get a new rear wheel this weekend, but until then I'll catch a ride to work, & ride the Orbea home. I have to admit, it's not what I want to do, but it's better than walking & it's still saving some gas.

No comments: