Sunday, May 10, 2009

Charity ride & catch up time.

I know it's been over a month since my last post here & I'm sorry. I have been on the bike training. I have done two weeks of power workouts, two weeks of endruance rides, one week of leg speed workouts, & now I'm back on the power workouts. This coming week is also getting ready for the Tour de Cure. I'm doing the 62 mile route again. I feel stronger this year, even though I wasn't able to get in the base miles like I did last year. I'm still struggling to lose the weight, but I'm working on it.
Yesterday I was up in Buford, GA at the grand opening of Cafe:ine Coffee Shop & Addictive Bicycles. Jason Kriel, the owner of the coffee part of the business told me about a ride he was putting on to raise money for MS when I saw him at the Roswell Crit. I decided it would be a good cause to ride for & I needed to work on my climbing anyway. Blue Bicycles had some demo bikes to ride & I was lucky enough to get a RC8 with Dura Ace 7900 group on it. This is the first time I had a chance to ride a Blue. It was very comfortable & was quite stiff on the climbs. I have to work on the engine more when it comes to climbing, but it will come in time. The route had some good climbs on it & I certainly felt every one of them. The group doing the 50 mile route stayed together most of the ride. The group was accompanied by some riders of the MyoGenesis racing team. The group stayed together the majority of the ride. It broke up with about 10 miles left. I was able to stay with a good size group & it was a good time. After the ride there was a cookout which tasted very good after all that climbing. There was a raffle for some extra donations & I was able to win two pairs of DeFeet socks & a t-shirt. All in all it was a great time & a great cause to help out.

No comments: