Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Good ride today

Today I was able to ride the Tuesday ride with the bike club. I headed out a bit early to get a head start because I knew they would catch me on the climbs. They caught me just after the second climb, but I wasn't mad at all. I still need to get more climbing in my legs. I waited for the second group and 3 of us rode together for quite awhile. I managed to get a good long pull and was doing anywhere between 20.5 and 23 mph. We managed to run into some of the ladies in the club riding a different route. I was willing to pull them along while the other 2 guys rode off, but they weren't able to keep up with me. I tried to catch the guys ahead of me, but despite hammering it I couldn't catch them before they turned off and I had to head on home. I kept up a pretty good pace on the way home and picked up my average speed a bit. I know I'm going to feel it tomorrow, but I'll go for an easy recovery ride to work out the kinks. That's about all for now, just keep riding.

No comments: