Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's been a while!!!!!!

I know, I know, it's been way too long since my last post. I've been busy doing an offseason workout program & by the time I get home from work & do the scheduled workout, it really doesn't leave much time to post as often as I would like. I will do my best to post at least weekly. A couple of Saturday's ago, I rode down to the Perry Welcome Center to see if anyone was there for a ride. I was lucky enough to run into 4 other riders. I was told that they would be doing the Marshallville to Montezuma route. I decided to join them & it was certainly a fun ride. We had a bit of a headwind on the way out, but on the way back from Montezuma we had a nice tailwind. I was able to keep up the pace above 20mph the enitre way back to Perry. I took it a bit slower on the way home, but I still managed to get in 79 miles @ just over 4 hours. This past week I was sticking to the workout schedule up until the weekend. I seemed to get a bit on the sick side during the weekend, so I wasn't able to do much but just took it easy & rested. Yesterday I was able to get out on the bike & get in 2 hours on the road. It really felt good to get out & ride again. I'm just ready to get back into the swing of the schedule again. I'm hoping to get a good ride in this weekend, but it all depends on the weather. Thanks for reading....

No comments: