Tuesday, September 06, 2011

A Good Ride Today

Today I was able to ride one of my favorite roads.  I love riding the Perry Parkway, it's just a rolling road that you can keep up some good momentum while riding it.  I try to incorporate it into several different routes I ride.  The weather was cool, overcast, & a bit windy on the way out to Perry.  I had armwarmers on, but once I reached the Parkway, the sun had come out & I decided to take them off for the rest of the ride.  My legs felt good the entire ride.  I guess one benefit (if you want to call it that) of the poison ivy is that I had to take time & completely rest from any cycling & running.  My legs seem to be coming around quicker than I thought they would, but I really haven't pushed the issue with them yet. 
I received a new bike computer over the weekend & have been learing about it.  I now have a Sigma Sport BC 1909 HR.  It is wireless with heart rate & cadence.  This thing is pretty cool.  I've always tried to spin my legs to save energy during a ride, but never really knew what my cadence was, now I can look & see. 
Here is the ride info for today's ride in case anyone is a numbers geek:
Total distance: 33.87 Miles
Trip time: 1:49:15
Avg. speed: 18.60
Max speed: 31.08
Avg Cadence: 95
Avg Heart Rate: 144
Max Heart Rate: 166
KCal burned: 1601
Blood Glucose Pre-Ride:122
Blood Glucose Post-Ride: 100

All in all a great day on the bike & looking forward to another one tomorrow.

No comments: