Sunday, October 23, 2011

Recovery Ride

After yesterday's hard ride, today was a very needed recovery ride.  I made it a point to do two things on this ride, one was keep it in the small ring, no gearing higher than a 39 x 16 & the other point was to keep my heart rate under 140 bpm.  I used a loop I have used quite often since I've been in this area.  It's a great route to use for recovery, no really big climbs & it's relatively flat for around here.  The weather was fantastic, a bit of a ENE wind, but I didn't worry much about that.  This ride was all about enjoying the scenery & making sure the legs felt good the entire ride.  I was chased on parts of the ride by some dogs, but as soon as I yelled at them, they just decided to leave me alone while I was riding.  My legs felt good just spinning the gears.  I made it a point to have a tailwind on the last part of the ride, so I could just relax a bit more & enjoy being out on my bike.  All in all it was a very nice day to take an easy ride.  Here is the ride info if anyone is interested:
Total distance: 17.53 miles
Total Time: 1:03:30
Avg Speed: 16.56 mph
Max Speed: 27.46 mph (downhill coasting)
Avg Cadence: 87 rpm
Avg Heart Rate: 121
Max Heart Rate: 140
Calories Burned: 655

No comments: