Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Ride to Hawkinsville

Today was a ride with a group to Hawkinsville & back.  The pace was going to be between 18-20 mph.  I was looking foward to it, but not the weather at the start of the ride.  It was 38 degrees when I left the house & headed to the starting point of the ride.  I wore a compression shirt, bibs, jersey, insulated vest, arm & leg warmers, & toe covers on my shoes.  I made sure to spin the legs on the way out to meet the others to let my legs warm up before the real ride started.  There were four of us who braved the cold for this ride, Martin, Steve, Trey, & myself.  We headed out towards Hawkinsville via SR 247.  We had a bit of a tail wind on this part of the ride & the pace was quite brisk.  We each took our turns up front & worked well.  On the way back from Hawkinsville, we had a bit of a headwind, but it wasn't too bad.  The weather had improved & warmed up a bit during the ride.  We rode through Perry & past the GA National Fairgrounds.  All in all it was a good hard ride for everyone. 
Here is the data from the ride:
Total Mileage: 55.12
Total Time: 2:48:46
Average Speed: 19.59 mph (everyone else had over 20 mph avg speed, but didn't ride as far as I did)
Max Speed: 32.57 mph
Average Cadence: 90 rpm
Average Heart Rate: 144
Max Heart Rate: 166
Calories Burned: 2426
Blood Glucose Pre-Ride: 110
Blood Glucose Post Ride: 100

No comments: