Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Good News, Bad News Day

Well today I received some good news and some bad news. I went to my neurologist appointment today and he showed me the mass behind my left eye. I have two tests to be done on April 3rd. One is an EEC where they put this goop in your hair, hook up some electrodes, put you in a dark room and flash a strobe at different intensities and frequencies. The other test is a VRE. They stimulate your eyes and determine the response rate of both eyes. The doc said that if the VRE test results were normal we would just monitor the mass behind my eye, but if the results were abnormal, then we would have to decide what the next step would be. The good news is that I can go back to work tomorrow. The bad news is that by Georgia law I have to be seizure free for 6 months before I can drive again. The doc also said I can't ride outdoors for that same time period. It looks like any kind of racing this year is gone to the dogs, but I have plenty of time to get ready for next season. I have to try to put a positive spin on something or I'll be totally depressed. I can ride the trainer for that time period so I'll have to come up with some kind of workout routine for that time period. I'm hanging in there as best as I can.

No comments: