Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The commute is working

I have been commuting to work on my old Raliegh since last Monday. So far the bike is working great. I forgot that it's a bit heavier than my Orbea, now even more so with the rack & my panniers filled with clothes & food for work. My average speed isn't usually what I would like, but I guess the weight has something to do with that. Today I rode home & then switched bikes. I rode the Orbea for a little over 19 miles today. I remember why I really like that bike. It felt great riding it again. I hadn't ridden it since a week ago this past Sunday. Climbing wasn't much of a problem after commuting all this week. The bike really felt light & my legs felt pretty good even after the commute home. Added all together I put in over 52 miles today with the commute to & from work plus the Orbea ride. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, but I'll try to take it as easy as I can but still have a good ride. That's about all for now, stay tuned for more stories........

No comments: