Thursday, September 27, 2007

Riding in the rain

Today was the usual group ride with the club. Only four of us showed up for the ride. The group consisted of Chip, Tom, John, & myself. We all decided it was going to be a somewhat easy pace for the ride. We headed out on the ride & as we got close to the Haynesville Hill, it started to rain. We decided to climb the hill & see how things got at the top. Once we hit the top, it wasn't that bad yet so we decided to do the short Thursday route. Once we got on Grovania Rd., the rain picked up a bit, but still wasn't that bad. As we got on Payne Rd, we started to see a bit of lightning. After seeing that, Chip & I decided to pick up the pace to get back to the church before it got any worse. We left Tom & John behind & picked things up. I was surprised at how my legs were feeling the entire ride, especially after the effort I put in yesterday. I was able to keep a good steady pace the entire ride & my legs never really felt all that sore. I'm sure I'll feel it here in the next day or two. I actually do enjoy riding in the rain from time to time even if other guys hate it. Today all in all was a good ride & I had lots of fun.

2 comments:

biker1881 said...

hey James, are you riding on Saturday or going to 3/6 gap on Sunday? Let me know if you are interested in riding on Saturday morning. Thanks.

James said...

I have to go out of town tomorrow or I would be riding tomorrow. Sorry.