Tuesday, May 16, 2006

First Ride with New Toy!!!!!!!!!!

Today I was able to ride my new Orbea frame. I had it taken to Bike Tech to finish adjusting things after swapping parts from my old Raliegh frame last night. It felt awesome!!!!! It's such a difference after riding the same frame for so long to ride something new. I just have to get used to a carbon fork and the sound it makes when it hits a bump. It's different than what I'm used to. I was actually able to catch up to some of the group today. I was surprised about that seeing that I was running late & was behind everyone. My legs felt kind of heavy the first part of the ride, especially on the climbs, but the Orbea climbed really nice. Now all I have to do to climb better is work on losing some of me!!!!!! My legs felt better the last part of the ride and managed to average a bit over 19 mph for 38 miles. I'm planning on doing the Thursday ride to work out the Orbea before Tour de Cure on Sunday. I'll probably ride to work tomorrow easily to recover. Well, that's about all for now.

No comments: