Sunday, May 21, 2006

Tour de Cure

Today was the Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes research. I chose the 100k route as I have for the past 2 years. There were 2 big differences between those rides and this one today. One was that I have ridden more miles at this point in the year than last year and I have a new bike to ride that was much lighter than in the past. I managed to ride with different groups of people for most of the ride. It was really fun riding in a paceline and taking turns in front. Most of the group rides I've been on lately, either I've been on my own or I've been doing most of the pulling. I was with a group on the return to the start, we had a good paceline going and my average speed was about 20 mph. Then I felt something rubbing against my wheel and stopped to find out one rear brake pad was rubbing. I fixed it as fast as I could, but I could never catch the group I was with. I rode about the last 10-12 miles on my own. I still managed to beat last year's time and average speed. I finished in 3:06:50 with an average speed of 19.75 miles for 100k. The Orbea was fanatastic!!!!!! I actually felt like I could have rode longer if I had to. The more I ride that bike, the more I love it. All in all it was a great day and a fun ride.

No comments: