Saturday, November 11, 2006

Nice day for a ride!!!!!!

Today was a great day for a ride. I left the house a bit later than I was planning. I was waiting for the weather to warm up a bit more so I wouldn't have to wear as much clothing. When I left, I had shorts, jersey, wicking t-shirt, & arm warmers. I decided I was going to do at least 3 hours on the bike today. I rode a combination of rides I've done in the past. It was a hilly route that I did today, only a couple of hard climbs, but most of the route was rollers. My back started hurting after about 2 hours in the saddle. I had to stop a few times to strech it out. I tried some Hammer gels today & they really worked great. My legs never really felt bad the entire ride. I could probably have rode faster if my back hadn't started hurting, but I haven't ridden this long in quite awhile. I'll get used to it as the winter goes on. I think I'm going to start the Cyclo-Core workouts on Monday & do them during the week, leaving the weekends free for more riding. I'm still going to try riding home from work as often as possible. I don't think that will be a problem for a bit seeing as I get off work @ 3:30 pm & there is still plenty of daylight to try and get at least 20 miles in a day. We'll just have to see how thing go from this point on. Stay tuned...........

No comments: