Thursday, February 15, 2007

Getting Ready for the Tundra TT

All this week I've been getting ready for the Tundra Time Trial on Saturday. I just wish the weather had co-operated a bit more so I could have ridden a bit more, but I'll just have to deal with it. I rode home from work on Monday then went riding with Rob. He was feeling a bit froggy so I let him stay up front for as long as he watned, then took over. I gave it one really hard effort before the weekend & my legs felt great doing it. I somehow left Rob quite a bit behind me when I went to the front. I gradually picked up the pace & didn't really look back until I was doing about 24 mph before I noticed that he wasn't behind me. I slowed down & let him catch up then we continued the ride at a pretty good pace. Tuesday & Wednesday really didn't lend to getting much riding done outdoors. I should have ridden the trainer easily, but really don't care for doing it. Today I went & did 17 miles at an easy pace. I'm heading to my parents house tomorrow & might do an easy trainer ride before the TT on Saturday. The forcast is supposed to be cold. I'll just have to deal with it & I'm going to give it my best shot during the TT. Stay tuned for the race report........

No comments: