Sunday, February 11, 2007

I've gone & done it!!!!!!!

I went & done it the other night!!!! I got my USCF racing license for this year. Yep, that's right, I'm going to race the bike this year! I hope I can be competitive & not get spit out the back at every race, but we'll just have to see how things go. I have my first competition on Feb. 17th. I'm going to do the Tundra Time Trial in Hiram. Hopefully 2 weeks later, I'm going to Albany for the first race of the Maxxis Georiga Cup series. Yesterday we went on a group ride & headed out towards Haynesville. Once we hit the big climb I shifted into a lower gear, but it keep slipping & upshifting on it's own. I couldn't find a good climbing rhythym the entire ride. We cut the ride a bit shorter than usual, but some of us took a side trip down Gilbert Rd. It's a nice little loop that has some climbing. Some of the guys got a bit froggy so I tagged along, then the next thing I know Shane tells me we broke them. We slowed up a bit & they caught on, then Shane took off on a flyer. I tried to catch him with a new guy Will on my tail, but all we could do was to keep the gap the same. Will told me when we got to the stop sign that he was just able to hang on to my wheel & was sorry he couldn't help out any. It was ok, we didn't go as far as we may have wanted, but we made up for the lack of milage with some intensity. All in all it was a good ride. I have the bike fixed now (hopefully), but won't really know till I go climb some hills. I'm planning on one more hard effort this week, then just doing some spinning until this weekend. Stay tuned for race reports........

No comments: