Saturday, February 17, 2007

Tundra Time Trial Report

Today was the Tundra Time Trial in Hiram, Ga. Boy was it freaking COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I heard that at the start of the event it was only 25 dergees outside. I was totally amazed by the number of cyclists that showed up for the event though. I thought that the cold weather would keep people away, but I was sadly mistaken. The weather really didn't help me today. I usually don't mind riding in cold weather, but I could never seem to get my legs comfortable the entire ride. Maybe it was just because of the cold weather, but I really don't have an idea. I was hoping to do it in under 28 minutes, but fell just a bit short of that. I managed to complete the 9.4 miles in 28:08. I had forgot how hard a time trial really is, but I've got one event under my belt so far this year. My only real goal for this event was not to finish last in my category. I can safely say I wasn't the last one, but I was about 6 minutes behind the winner in my category. I have some work to do on my time trialing & will try to get better as the year goes on. Well, the season is off to a start & we'll see how things go from here.

No comments: