Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Cyclo-Core/Zen Workout Update

I'm on the third week of my 12 week Cyclo-Core/Zen offseason workout program. This week has been challenging to say the least so far. Yesterday's workout was what is called a 45 min. yoga spin. I started out doing some yoga to stretch out my legs then it was onto the bike. I started riding a 39 x 24 for 2 minutes to warm up, then the real fun began. I shifted into a 53 x 21 for 3 minutes at 100 rpm while staying in the drops. After that was a 1 minute recovery in a 39 x 24 at 80-90 rpm for 1 minute. Then it was back onto the big ring in a 53 x 19 for another 3 minutes at 100 rpm. My legs were feeling good so far at that moment, after 3 minutes of that, it was another minute of recovery. The next interval was a 53 x 17 same amount of time & same cadence. My legs were starting to feel it a bit by now, but it still wasn't that bad. After another minute of recovery time, it was time to big ring it again in a 53 x 15. This was getting harder with each interval to keep the cadence up to 100 rpm, but I gave it my best effort. After another minute of recovery it was time for the last interval, a 53 x 14. My legs were about fried half-way through this one. Once I was done with that and a 2 minute recovery spin, it was time for what they call power yoga. After doing that workout on the bike, I was having a hard time doing the positions called for, but I did try my best to do each one. The final workout was a cool down & stretching program. It felt good to stretch all my muscles after that workout.
Today was the ab/core workout. I still need lots of work with the exercises in this routine, but I can tell I'm improving a little. Some of the exercises aren't as hard to do now as they were earlier. My abs and core muscles are still sore from doing them, but if I want to get stronger and faster, this is what must be done. Thanks again to everyone who reads this & I'll keep updating as often as I can. Until next time......

No comments: