Monday, December 31, 2007

Final Post for the Year.

This is my final post for this year. I went riding with Will today instead of doing my scheduled workout because the weather was just too nice not to be outdoors on the bike. We did the usual loop we do when we only have a limited amount of time. I decided to push it a bit today for the final ride of the year. Going up Lake Joy Rd, we hit the hills & I pushed it up the first climb. I usually do worse on the second climb, but I decided to push it up that one too. My legs felt pretty good up the second climb. I pulled most of the ride, but it wasn't that big of a deal. My legs felt good the entire ride & when we finally hit the final climbs on the ride, I was behind Will & about half way up the final climb on Old Perry Rd, I decided to pull one of Will's fav moves. I just attacked him up the final hill & I was surprised to feel how good my legs felt hammering up that hill. All in all it was a good ride with a good friend.
This year was a good year on the bike for me, I started racing again, learned how much I need to improve to be competitive, rode more miles this year than last year, & had a good time doing something I really love to do. I started out the year feeling strong, my legs just had to get used to racing again & the fields were very fast. I learned alot from fellow riders and did improve throughout the year. I need to learn race tactics better and place myself in better positions in the pack during the race. I'll learn that only through racing more. I also need to increase my power output for crits and need to really improve my hill climbing ability.
There was a lot of contraversy in cycling this year concerning doping and I'm hoping that things are getting better and they are catching the cheaters more and more. I take a lot of flak from my buddies who don't ride about all the doping in cycling, but I know it's not the only sport where the athletes using performance enhancing drugs. Baseball just released the report about what they have found out about players cheating there. Then there was the fued between the UCI & the Grand Tour organizers, which really hasn't been settled as of today. We'll just have to see what happens next season. There has been lots of changes during the offseason so far & we'll just have to see what happens when the season kicks off next year.
Well thanks to everyone who had read my adventures throughout the year & I hope you'll keep reading next year......

No comments: