Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Today was the annual New Years Day ride starting at The Bike Store. I was using this ride as a recovery seeing as I was told this was a social ride & if anyone tried pushing the pace, they would be dealt with severly. The weather was certainly a factor during the ride. The wind was out of the NNW @ 15-25 mph. We had a tailwind most of the way out, but had a headwind most of the return trip. I decided to take my share of pulls up front early in the ride & then just ride behind someone the last part of the ride. The wind was a pain, but I did my share of pulling on the early parts of the ride. Once we got a tailwind, some of the other riders decided to pick things up a bit more. I picked up the pace myself, but kept it on the small chain ring. On one section with the tailwind I was in a 39 x 13 & managed to top 30 mph. I was very happy with that, & then backed off the pace for a time. I just hung in towards the back, drafting off people & staying out of the wind. All in all it was a good ride, my legs feel good & I'm looking foward to getting back into training the rest of this week. I just want to wish everyone who reads this a Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

No comments: