Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Good start to a new week

I should have posted this yesterday, but things didn't go as planned. I decided to try riding to work yesterday via the hillier route I've used in the past. The plan was to test how my fitness level was coming along. Well, it's better than I thought. I never had to downshift going up any of the climbs on the way to work. That made me feel good & I still managed to average over 19 mph for the 17 miles. On the way home I had about a 10 mph tailwind so I decided to push it a bit, but not too much seeing as the group ride is the next day. I kept in one gear the whole time but did manage 20.7 mph for the trip home, the only time I had problems keeping it near or above 20 mph was the last stretch home into the headwind. All in all it was a good start to a new week. I rode to work this morning & took it easy. Looking forward to the group ride. I'll let everyone know how that goes later tonight so stay tuned........

No comments: