Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Ride That Was Not To Be

Yesterday I woke up ready for a long Saturday ride. The CGC guys were doing a metric century starting at the Perry Welcome Center. I got myself ready & as I was loading my bike I notice the rear wheel was flat. I just loaded the bike knowing that I would have time to change it once I got to the starting site. I was the first one there & proceeded to changed the tube. After changing the tube, I noticed that the tire didn't seat right, so I released the air pressure & tried to reseat the tire. This time while I was pumping up the tube, I noticed that I had a small hole in the tire. So much for any kind of ride today I said to myself. I told the assembled group that I wasn't going to be able to go with them, loaded my bike back up and headed home. I did things around the house to relieve my frustruations & bought 2 new tires and installed them on the bike. I'm hoping to ride to work in the morning, but we'll have to see how the weather goes. Stay tuned for more of my adventures.........

No comments: