Thursday, June 01, 2006

Great Ride Today

Today was the CGC Thursday group ride. I got dropped as usual on the climb ( gotta get lighter). I rode most of the ride by myself, but noticed that someone was ahead of me. I decided to try to catch him. I was making up ground on the climbs (someone actually climbs worse than me), but would lose ground on the flat parts of the ride. I thought that he might wait up for me to catch him so we can ride together, but no such luck. I worked my tail off to catch him & finally did. It was a workout, but worth it. I managed to average 20.2 mph for 35 miles, best average speed this year. My back & hips felt great after finding out my seatpost on the Orbea was too low compared to the Raliegh. I'm hoping to ride to work & home tomorrow depending on the weather, so stay tuned.........

No comments: