Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Tuesday Group Ride

Yesterday was the usual group ride with CGC. The guys were feeling extra froggy because they started pushing the pace before the first climb. I was dropped on the climb ( as usual, but getting better). I managed to catch up with them at the stop light as they waited for it to turn green. Don & Bk took off on Bible Camp Rd. I tried bridging up to them but didn't have much success. They waited at the top of Bible Camp Rd. but I contined on with 2 other guys. I was hoping we could work together & give the hammerheads a good workout chasing us. It was not to be because as soon as I got to the front they waited for the group. I contintued on at my pace & was eventually caught. I tried staying with them but couldn't. After turning on 42 I caught one rider & he just sat on my wheel the whole way back to Byron. Each time I tried to get him to take a turn to pull, he just let up & I stayed in front. It kind of aggrivated me a bit because when we caught the others in Byron due to a train crossing, he left me & hammered the rest of the way with them. I think on Thursday's ride I'm just going to sit on someone's wheel & let them pull me around the route, but we'll just have to see.

No comments: