Sunday, July 02, 2006

LSD Ride

Yesterday was a LSD (long steady distance) ride. A group of us left from the Perry welcome center. On tap was a route that took us through Unadilla, Byronville, Montezuma, Marshallville, then finally back to Perry. The start of the ride was a nice long climb up Elko Rd. I really didn't like this climb, but managed to survive it. The roads to Unadilla was gentle rollers. We then rode to Byronville through some pretty country scenery. We made a store stop there to refresh & then headed to Montezuma. Montezuma is a pretty little down. Riding down their main street was cool. There were lots of old houses that really looked great. The road to Marshallville was more of the same, gentle rollers with a few larger climbs. Another rider & I picked up the pace from Byronville until we returned to Perry. I was tired when I got back, but it was a great time. I did 65.2 miles with an average speed of 18.1. I'm happy with that average seeing as I picked it up 2 mph from what it was in the first hour of the ride. Hoping to ride to work tomorrow morning.

No comments: