Friday, July 07, 2006

Thursday Group Ride

Yesterday was the usual CGC Thursday group ride. It had been raining on & off most of the afternoon so I wasn't sure if there was going to be a ride or not. I decided to show up at the meeting point & see who showed up. After being there for about 10 minutes, Don & Angie showed up saying that we were insane for even being there. Then after a few more mintues, more people showed up. We decided to take a chance & go for the ride. Once we hit Haynesville a steady but light rain began to fall. It was decided to do the short route instead of the longer route due to the rain. I had to catch up to the group seeing as I thought we were going to do the longer version of the ride. I want to thank Don & Shane for giving me a pull up Grovania Rd. We regrouped on Elko Rd & we just rode in from there. Even though I was wet, I sitll managed to average 19.6 mph for a bit over 30 miles. Today looks like more rain, if so then it's trainer time. If it dries out, I'll go for an easy spin before a long ride tomorrow.

No comments: