Saturday, December 23, 2006

Got to ride today.

Today I rode with some of the guys from the club. I was planning to ride at least 3 hours, but things happened that changed all that. Well it all started out nicely, but I was riding at a comfortable pace for me, but I guess it was too fast for most of the group. Only one guy was with me so we started slowling down to let the group catch up. Once the group caught up, we rode together for a bit, but then they started falling back again. I just decided to ride a comfortable pace for me & anyone that could stay with me was welcome. I had only one rider stay with me until we hit Unidilla. Ali was able to hang with me most of the time. I didn't think I was going that fast, but I was faster than most of the group. One we hit Unidilla, we had a decision to make. Most of the group wanted to head back because some of them had things they had to do. I wanted to ride more, but didn't feel like going solo. Steve said he would do the metric century ride with me provided I didn't go too fast. I told him I would pull & he could just sit back & enjoy the ride. He said that was ok, so we headed off, while the rest of the group headed back. We had a head wind for a bit then it turned into a cross wind. I really didn't have a difficult time in front & Steve was sitting in nicely. We were heading down the road & Steve said we must have missed a turn to do the metric century, because we hit US 41 too soon. I told him not to worry about it & we'd just head back to Perry. I kind of picked up the pace heading back to Perry, with Steve tucked in behind me. All told, we only did 43 miles, but that's ok with me. I'm hoping to do at least a couple of hours on the bike tomorrow seeing as I'm going to Christmas Eve services at church in the evening. I wish anyone who reads this a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: