Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Year in Review

I started out the year with the hopes of racing. My plans took an abrupt turn in California in February. I had a seizure & that ending any chance of racing this year. I kept my hopes up of just being able to ride outdoors this year & in time I was able to be outdoors riding. I set a goal of riding 3500 miles this year & am happy to say that I surpassed that goal. I managed to ride 4151 miles total this year. Although I couldn't race, I did manage to get some good rides in this year. I guess the hightlight of my year was the Tour de Cure. I had a goal of beating my time of last year. I had a new frame, trained harder, & smarter this year. I did beat my time by about 15 minutes. I'm hoping to do 100k in under 3 hours ride time next year. I did get stronger as the year went along, & am really looking forward to next year. The doc gave me permission to race next year so I'm in the process of trainging for the next season. I'll have to think about my milage goal for next year. I'm sure I'll do more miles than I did this year, but we'll just have to see how things go. Here's to a Happy New Year to everyone & a good year coming up!!!!!!!

No comments: