Thursday, July 05, 2007

Getting ready for the weekend.

Yesterday Will & I went for a ride. We started our usual loop down Lake Joy, but we decided to add the hill going to Haynesville to the route. I met Will at his house then we headed out for the ride. My legs felt good the first part of the ride. I pushed it a bit on the climbs on Lake Joy Rd, but the legs felt good. By the time we hit the Haynesville hill, I had been on the bike for 1 hr. 45 mins and that hill really hurt going up after that much time in the saddle. We hit a store stop in Haynesville, then headed back home. My legs recovered after the store stop and we were able to ride a good pace back towards home. At the end of the ride we ended up doing 52 miles at an average speed of 19 mph. We were averaging almost 20 mph till we hit the headwind on the way home. All in all it was a good ride. Today was a recovery ride. I kept in under 17 on the flats. My legs feel good so far, we'll see what happens the rest of the week. I'll keep everyone posted........

No comments: