Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tuesday Group Ride

Today was the usual group ride with the Central Georgia Cyclists. I met everyone at the shop and we headed out. I just started at a comfortable warm-up pace and then I noticed I had a gap on everyone. I just started out towards the hills solo, thinking that I'll get caught on the second hill. I made it up the hill and really didn't look to see if anyone was getting close or not. I was riding my own pace & if I got caught, fine, if not, that was fine too. I went up Bible Camp Road and when I hit the silo, I noticed about 3-4 riders behind me. I just started out on my own, thinking that if they work together I'd be caught soon enough. I got into a nice rhythym and just kept on pedaling. I took the new loop they added on the route & it added another good climb. I got on Maynard's Mill Rd, and found about 3 riders ahead of me, so I figured I'd see if I could catch them. I tried taking the second loop they added to the route, but missed a turn and ended up doing a loop back to 42. I saw the same 3 riders ahead of me, so I put my head down and tried catching them. I caught them in Byron at the stoplight. Once the light turned green and we got going again, I just sat on the back and sucked some wheel. We headed back to The Bike Store and Kelly just asked if she could sit in and just suck my wheel. I told her it was no problem and if I got going too fast to let me know. She was able to hang with me the entire way back to The Bike Store. I never saw anyone else during the ride, so I guess they must have not done the extra loops or were behind me after I left. All in all it was a good hard ride & I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow. That's all for now.....

No comments: