Monday, October 08, 2007

Nice weather for riding

Yesterday I went for a hard ride before going to my Weight Watchers meeting. I did about 37 miles in less than 2 hours. My legs felt great the entire ride, even on the return trip against the wind. My average speed for the ride was 19.5 mph. The weather was great, I did what I like to call the Perdue/Larry Walker Parkway loop. There aren't a lot of big hills, but there are plenty of rollers. I was able to go hard up the rollers & my legs really felt good. I can tell that losing the weight is the big factor in getting better at climbing right now. Today was a recovery ride. I just took it at a comfortable pace for most of the ride, but put some harder efforts when going up some of the inclines on the route. The weather today was absolutely great. I love riding in this type of weather. I just wish it was like this all the time, but living in Georgia, I know that's not going to happen. I've lost 10.6 lbs total so far in 5 weeks, I'm getting closer & closer to my goal. I'm hoping to be under 200 lbs the next time I weigh in. I'm at 201.8 this week, but we'll have to see how things go during the week. Thanks to all who check this out. I'll keep updating as often as I can.

No comments: