Saturday, October 20, 2007

Rollin' to Roberta

Today I decided to do the Rollin to Roberta route. I needed the work climbing and wanted to go for a long ride at least one more time since I'll be at Atlanta Motor Speedway with my dad for the race & won't be able to ride next weekend. I checked out the peach peloton blog & got the details for the first ride coming up on Nov. 3rd. I downloaded the map & am going to print it out during the week. The blog said that the route would be 52 miles and the pace would be 18-20 mph. Today I wanted to be on the bike for at least that long at that pace. The hills were hard on the way out due to a head/cross wind. I was able to handle the rolling hills on the route and the big climbs didn't hurt as bad as I thought they might. I managed to do 63.5 miles and was on the bike for 3:17:25. My average speed was 19.30 mph, thanks to the tail wind on the return trip. I'm going to try to ride as much as possible this week to make up for missing the weekend.

No comments: