Sunday, January 21, 2007

Over did it one day, & paid for it the next.

I just have to remind myself that no matter how good my legs feel on Friday, that I should take it easy to be ready for Saturday's long ride. I really pushed it on Friday on the way home from work & riding with Rob & I certainly felt it on Saturday. We started from the Perry Welcome Center & headed out towards Haynesville as we have the past few weekends. My legs were feeling good at that time & we had a bit of a tailwind. It was a bit on the cold side, but we were outside & not riding on trainers. I really felt good going up the climb into Haynesville. I was able to keep a steady cadence & speed up the entire climb. We then took Pitts road to SR 26, there were more climbs up that road, but I still wasn't feeling too bad. Rob & I decided to get more miles in heading down SR 26 to US 41 while the rest of the group took Elko Rd back to Perry. I forgot that the rest of the way down SR 26 was rollers & that's when I started to feel it in my legs. We then turned down US 41 & had a headwind the entire way. With the headwind & the rollers on 41, my legs really started to get tired & sore. Rob & I managed to get back to Perry not too long after the rest of the group arrived. I was hoping to ride longer than I did, but I guess I learned that I'll have to force myself to take it easy on Friday so I can ride longer on Saturday. I'm planning on taking today off to watch football & let the legs recover. The weather forcast for this week isn't looking great for riding outdoors, so I guess it's trainer time for a bit. I'll manage it & look forward to getting outdoors again soon. Stay tuned for more........

No comments: