Sunday, January 28, 2007

Good Long Ride!!!!!!

Yesterday we did the Rolling to Roberta ride as a group. I hadn't done that route for some time, so I forgot what it was like. We started out from The Bike Store, then headed out to Bryon. Once we got out of Bryon we started to hit the hills on the route. They were good climbs & I was able to keep a steady pace up the early ones. Once we hit 42, it was nothing but rollers. We tried to keep the group together as best as we could, but once the rollers got a bit harder, people dropped off the back. Shane, one other rider, & I were up front doing a good pace up the hills. Some of the hills were a bit difficult. The hardest hill was up Fire Tower Hill. I had to drop a couple of gears to get up it & my pace slowed to single digits. The only other time I climbed up that hill I had to walk up the last part of it, so I'm happy that I was able to climb the whole hill & still had one lower gear if I needed it. The trip back was much easier. I really didn't push it that hard on the way back, but still had a good gap over everyone else. I coasted most of the way, saving my legs for a bit later. Once we hit 42 & Maynard's Mill Rd, Shane & I turned & headed to get some extra miles in. The rest of the group headed back to The Bike Store. Shane & I rode to Ft. Valley, then took 341 to Perry, along the way his left knee began to bother him & we ended up cutting the ride shorter than he wanted to. I was fine with that & we ended up doing 72.5 miles & bumped our average speed for the enitre ride up from when we were riding with the group. My legs & knees were a bit sore, still trying to find the right saddle position, so it's a work in progress. They are feeling a bit better, so I think I'm getting closer to the right position. I'll probably either ride the trainer later today due to the high wind or I'll just take the day off & plan on riding tomorrow. We'll just have to see how things go. Stay tuned.........

No comments: