Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Weekend was good, but this week is the pits so far!!!!!!!!

This past weekend was a good one. I managed to get in 59 miles on Saturday. I rode to the Perry Welcome Center to see who would show up & there were 3 other people there. Two of them were new to me so I introduced myself & let them know about the club a bit. It was mainly an easy ride until we hit the split for the Thursday ride. Two of the guys wanted to take the shorter route due to time obligations. The other rider decided to stick with me, so we went the longer route & picked up the pace a bit. We tried catching the two guys doing the short route, but were just a bit too slow. They must have not been back long when we arrived. The rider that rode with me then decided to ride home with me & found out he's not too far from where I live.
On Sunday I went riding with Rob from the Saturday ride & his wife Amanda. We rode at her pace, which was very easy for me. I forgot how much fun just riding is. Sometimes I get all caught up in average speed & things like that I forget why I love to ride so much. It takes days like this to remind me.
This week has been the pits for riding outdoors. We've had a cold front move in & the temps are in the 40's for the highs & the wind has been a bear. I have resisted using the trainer, hoping it would get better, but it doesn't look like it will until the weekend. I'm riding the trainer tonight then doing my Cyclo-Core workout. I'm sure I'll be a bit sore by Friday, but that's what it's going to take to improve. I hope the weekend is a bit warmer so I can ride outdoors, but we'll just have to see........

No comments: